Friday, August 16, 2013

Now I'm on my feet again.....better things are bound to happen.....

After some more hard core medication education from Deb Holibaugh my superwoman transplant  coordinator, a visit from Dr Yang and several other doctors then,at 3:09 pm today, August 16th, 2013, they unhooked my last IV, and closed this chapter of my saga.

I said goodbyes and thank you's to all my wonderful nurses, aids, and staff and then Nick and my Dad brought me the 27 miles home. 

It was the sweetest ride on the most beautiful day and my home never looked so good. I dropped to my knees and kissed my front lawn. Kara had the house all "Welcome Home" decorated with balloons, banners, flowers, and cards.

I am such a lucky man. 

Lucky for all the obvious reasons but also for the family and friends that God has blessed me with. 

In my book... YOU ALL ROCK!

Now I go back to the tx clinic every Monday and Thursday for the next 3 months for bloodwork, any med adjustments, exam, and consultation.
 
As I've said before - there's a lot to this transplant business.
 
Once a month for the next three a nurse will come to my home and run a two hour IV on me.

Thus begins my new life paradigm.
Sounds pretty dang hectic and yet I am SO very thankful.

Thank ALL of you for everything prayed, done, and offered. I will never be able to repay everyone.
I am so humbled.
I love you all.
    Deb helps me figure out my meds and       
    dosages.
                 My Recovery Crew

    Aileen, my last nurse and crazy    
    coincidentally wife of Alekh, my last 
    ICU nurse.

    Cutie nurse Chelsie, the nurse who
    checked me in back on August 1st.



        Sign in elevator on the way out.

So now just FYI, although the high drama
is past (we hope), If you continue to check here from time to time I'll be sure to let you know how this recovery is going.

Ultimately, I'd like to use this blog to help others. 
So don't write me off.

I gots work to do.

Thanks for being here.

Bob





6 comments:

  1. Congrats!!! I am sure you are glad to be out of there. Good luck with the continued recovery.

    Mark

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now just take it easy and let everyone take care of you!!! You deserve to be pampered!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tears of JOY as I read your blog. I am so GLAD you are..... FINALLY HOME!!! Love, Jo :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Welcome Home Bob! Prayers & best wishes for your continued recovery from this ordeal that gives you a new lease on life. Let everyone take care of YOU for a change! If I can do anything from here--don't hesitate to give me a shout! Love ya! Cuz Laura

    ReplyDelete
  5. ...and we all love you right back.

    ReplyDelete