Sunday, August 11, 2013

It's not suppose to be like this...

So this morning, as previously posted, I felt like hell and when my new nurse came on she took a very vested interest.
She alerted the Rapid Response Team which brings all kinds of people to your room. Drs., additional nurses, blood people, etc. My BP went super low, heart rate was super high - not a good scene.


They again put me on fast infusion of yet 2 more units of blood and 2 more of platelets. They are taking me for another blood scan shortly. A 1.5  hr scan.

Dr. Ottman has been great. I mean he has been great! He has even called Dr. Yang in France for a consult and  he now thinks that a super boost of platelets may be the ticket.

While he continues to be supportive, he also told me this morning that they can't continue to transfuse me forever. So the time is coming for some sort of decision.

The staff here have ALL been uber awesome. But I'm beginning to see deep concern in their faces. 

I will not lose my faith.
It's an inside job today. 

If ya got an extra prayer...
I'll be sure to pay you back.

4 comments:

  1. Hang in there Bobby! Hoping the super boost of platelets will do their job and seal up the leak. I assume the "decision" you are referring to is to open you back up to fix the bleed...if that is what it takes to stop the source of bleeding...then let the doctors do their job. Stopping the bleeding is your #1 priority right now. One step back is okay if it will ultimately allow you the chance to properly heal...and feel better overall.
    All my thoughts, prayers and energy are with you! Love you be sound...

    Take my hand...walk beside me...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Heading to church now. A my prayers wl be focused on YOU!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was wondering at what point they determine to go in and fix the leak. Seems overdue. I can't stand you being on this rollercoaster. I feel your frustration. I am confident they will do whatever is possible to move you forward. I just hope it is a fast forward. Hang in there.....praying community is still at work.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I too am assuming that the option would be a surgical fix. I know the thought is overwhelming but I know you can do it! I'm so glad you like your doc. That is important. Let him steer the ship. Feel the power of love!

    ReplyDelete