Thursday, August 15, 2013

It don't seem fair for days to just disappear....


This has been a very busy day as everyone here rushes to cram in all the
Information that they know I'll need in my
new life paradigm.

After I saw Dr. Yang this morning, and after several more blood tests, I had a great visit with my friend Judy, then I met with the dietician to go over foods etc., then I had a two hour season with the post transplant coordinator getting schooled on all the ins and outs of the truckload of meds that I'll be on.
Two mre blood draws, then Dr. Diamond the nephrologist stopped by to tell me how good both organs are working and to wish me the best.
Then Dawn, my favorite social advocate from the team paid me a visit, followed by a hospital pharmacist to see if I had any questions on my meds.
 
The "highlight" of the afternoon came when nurse Cathy pulled 22 inches of JP drain tube out of my gut. (Definitely not for the squeamish.)

My JP drain. All of the white hose was inside.
 
Physical therapist Irene came by twice today, first for an evaluation then a second time with a regiment of exercises for me to do. I had a nice evening with great visits from Kara, Kathy, & Rick and Lisa.
                    Evening Meds

Then tonight two of my fav nurses from the sixth floor Cassie & Heather who treated me really well last week signed on with me tonight and treated me very well on this my last night in 614.

The people of this hospital have been the utmost in professionalism and as nice as as anyone could ever wish to have.

They all have my most heart felt thanks.. 

               Bob, Heather & Cassie

4 comments:

  1. have a good nights rest and get ready for tomorrow to be the first day of the rest of your life! Awesome that you're going home after only 2 weeks and everything that you went thru. Take good care of yourself! What are you hungry for when you get home?? Just wonderin..... g'nite Bob. Prayers continue....Cuz Laura

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like you better get to bed and get some rest! You've had a big day today and going home tomorrow is HUGE! Please let your friends and family help you as you continue to recover. Don't be too proud to ask! We're all still here for you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Heather & Cassie many thanks for taking such great care of our friend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats! Today is the day. Enjoy it Bob!

    ReplyDelete