Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Morning Has Broken and Well Maybe I Can Live Through This...

Ok....goin' out on the optimist limb here today but this is the first morning that I have not woken to a bloody Quentin Tarrentino'esque scene in bed.

Joy!

Hemorrhaging came to a slow halt following dinner last night. I took advantage of some pain meds and some Atavan last night to help me sleep and that worked wonderfully.

The peripheral line in my arm is also working quite well. And my white blood count, with the help of the hard core antibiotics, has fallen back to an acceptable range.

They are still planning to give me more blood products today to hedge their bets. And so I want to thank any of you from the bottom of my heart if you've ever donated blood.

Literally, Blood Donation Does Save Lives.

My dad has been a mega gallon donor all his life and my three children have followed in their Pap's footsteps and become donors as often as the time restrictions allow.

I could not be more grateful and forever proud of all of them. 

The Docs should be making rounds here shortly so I'll let you know where we're headed.

Thanks for checking on me.

5 comments:

  1. hez so glad you are hanging tough. wonderful news. now hopefully today you will cont. to move forward. saw so may people over the weekend who love you and are praying for you. keep fightin the fight. stay strong.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You truly are amazing....it makes me feel much better hearing from you. Praying today goes without a hitch. Andrea

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my...that post has made my morning! The prayers and tender care of the docs and nurses are working. Never did like Quentin Tarrentino anyhow ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the good news this morning. Hope the rest of the day goes well too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOOO HOOO! Dont it make you smile?! ;)
    You just made my day Bob! So glad to hear the bleeding and infection seems to be in check...and you got a restful night of sleep. Sometimes all you need is a good night of sleep. You remain in my every thought and I hope today is kind to you. Keep being positive and get better every day! You are so strong!

    ReplyDelete