Sunday, September 1, 2013

When it's all good....it'll feel like it should.....

Late day posting here on my first full day back home and it certainly isn't because I was so busy doing all the things that I need to get done. Rather it was a day of uber R&R after a real bugger of a night last night.

I'm still pushing just a very lo grade fever and all my other numbers were good at bedtime but shortly thereafter I woke absolutely soaked in sweat. If that wouldn't be gross enough...it happened four more times during the course of the night each requiring a new tee shirt, sleep shorts, sheets, mattress cover, pillow cases, etc.
Not real condusive to a good night's sleep. And so I was really draggin' a bit today.

On the upswing, other than the pesky body heat, my other numbers and vital statistics were all good this morning so I'm thankful for that.

As far a a few other rocks on the road to recovery - they still have me on major league (no pun) quatitities of steroids.
100 mg of Prednisone 2x daily
1500 mg of Cellcept 2x daily
And topped off with some delightful Prograf.
These drugs will eventually be tapered (or increased, Ugh.) but each have some darn nasty side effects. The Cellcept is causing me the tremors again and with this current large of dose it's also causing my ankles to really swell and a fair amount of nausea. Other than that - it's no big deal and it is one of the drugs that I expect them to cut back on a bit.
Cutting back would be nice as my Big Morning Gulp is now up to 26 pills, and my NiteCap is currently sitting at 24.

And so to answer the $60,000 question that everyone has - I know that I will feel better, I mean really better in the coming weeks just because my new organs are working wonderfully but these rocks in the road along the way don't really make for feeling the "great way" everyone is sort of expecting me to feel right now.
Sorry!
I AM trying!

All in good time.

Remember, although it seems like something short of a lightyear ago to me now, it was only a month ago tonight that I was waiting for the doctors to go recover / evaluate the organs and I was still anxiously waiting to see if this whole thing would happen.

Now it has.
Not without some rocks in the road but
I have been so blessed.

And I remain eternally thankful.

More tomorrow. I promise.



6 comments:

  1. :) uber R&R...i like that! one day at a time...rest easy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hez. please do not misinterpret my intentions. i dont expect you to feel great at this point. its been one month since you had a humungo body reconstruction. its going to take a long time yet for you to really feel great again. i just dont want you to lose faith that you will feel great one day. all these bumps in the road has to be discouraging, thats understandable. i hope you can see the amazing progress you have made to this point and that you will continue to improve. like people have said. just keep on keeping on. keep the faith. stay strong my friend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. G,
      That certainly wasn't directed at you man.
      After all you've done? No way.
      I just really WANT to feel better and pick it back up
      and I'm doing my damdest to "will" myself that way.

      I'll be back completely. Soon. (I hope)
      And we'll have a lot more years of everything we enjoy doing.
      Again, thanks for your never ending friendship. It means the world to me.

      Delete
    2. relax... no worries dont put too much stress on yourself. just take it slow and easy is all..

      Delete
  3. Sometimes things don't feel as they should...and then we just have to let it be what it is until it does feel good.

    ReplyDelete
  4. HUGS!! CuZ, glad your home. Continuing our prayers for a speedy and successful recovery. I know you have so much you want to do that comes with being a Lenz, relax and this too shall pass and you will be back to better than ever.

    ReplyDelete