Monday, September 2, 2013

I know the pieces fit.

After a bit better of a night last night I write here with the lament of missing out on all kind of Labor Day activities going on. 
For years I've wanted to see the Kipona Festival in Harrisburg. This year it was literally a stones throw from the hospital, right across the street along the river but out of reach for me THIS year.
Many other markets and festivals are still off my schedule for several more weeks but then I'll be back with a vengeance and an even deeper appreciation of them. 

The lesson here to ALL is carpe diem. Seize this moment.
Seize this day. Use it to the fullest. 
"No time to save up on life. 
You gotta' spend it all."

You have to believe that I must be getting better if I'm starting to gripe about stuff.
; )

The little problems, night sweats (not quite so bad), fitful sleep, tremors, and a few others that I'll spare you from here still persist, but today I am one month out!

Yep! As I write this.....exactly one month ago at this very hour, (and for the next six and a half hours) I was laying on my back in the OR, arms out like a cross, as they installed my new parts and gave me this second chance at life.

God is indeed good.

I wish everyone a superb day - hopefully with your family or friends.

More from here later.

2 comments:

  1. Carpe Diem! Love it! Two years ago when I went thru CA I decided to change my attitude and not stress out about stuff I can't control. Gotta admit that saying it is easier than practicing it, but for the most part--it works. A very dear friend of mind got a 'mechanical heart' two years ago on Ground Hog Day (remember the movie??) Every year since on Feb 2nd, I wish him a 'happy rebirth day'. With that in mind, and since today is your one month anniversary of your life-saving precious organs--we can celebrate today and every month and then begin to celebrate your 'rebirth day' annually. Wish I was closer to give ya a hug. Sending them (hugs)and always continued thoughts & prayers. Cuz Laura

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bobbercup, glad you are getting back to your "old" self. Hot flashes......don't even get me started. Hope you sleep well.

    ReplyDelete