Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Best Tuesday Since My Surgery....

Today started off good in light of the past month of Tuesday's.. As I mentioned last night - Monday nights into Tuedays have been rough since the surgery. But that was put to rest last night as although I still have the low fever, the crazy night sweats, very fitful sleep and drug induced tremors but at least this morning I didn't need the Rapid Response Team, didn't wake up in ICU and didn't wake up with reason to go back to the hospital today.

Today my vitals were good this morning.
I had bloodwork done first thing.
Was able to get my haircut, do some simple things around the house, had a real nice visit with my friend Deb and then dinner with my family.

So in a small way today was a victory.
I'm measuring these early days by small victories. Pitiful to most I'm sure but as some get well cards have said "the road to recovery has no given speed limit" and so I may be in the slow lane right now.......but all in good time.

Promise.




4 comments:

  1. Slow lane for now is just the right speed! So glad this Monday/Tuesday combo brought no surprises! Continue on the boring path for awhile!

    ReplyDelete
  2. good news! just gotta keep on keeping on...and of course taking it easy. Have a great day today! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. And you'll have many more Tuesdays to enjoy even more. Carpe diem! Thanks for the reminder!

    ReplyDelete
  4. blessed to hear you are progressing Bob! Dona

    ReplyDelete