Saturday, August 31, 2013

Transplant reality is fluid...

By that I mean it's success ebbs and flows with tests, with numbers, with observations, and yes.... with fluids too. 
This morning, the ever important fluid and the biggest bellwether of the state of this success is my bloodwork that was drawn at 5:45 am. Before that, they had already weighed me, Dr. Yang examined me, BP & heart rate were recorded and counter to yesterday - all of these things went very well this morning.
All numbers were just were they should be. And I am actually feeling better than I had yesterday. 

Now if I get back a good report from sweet Ms. Andrea, the phlebotomist, my ticket will be punched and I'll be on way way home again today. 

However, despite all other systems being green-to-go.....if the bloodwork comes back with some less than desirable results, M614 will be home for another day. Today is August 31st, and Pinnacle has been my primary residence for 27 of those 31 days.

I should know either way in a couple hours.

In retrospect, I'm sorry for all the bellyaching I was dishing out after being shut down yesterday. I need to firmly realize, as my friend Jan has told me, that
this is to be expected. This is just one element of my new life paradigm.
I tend to get a little bummed and recently even fret a little at the mention of the 
"R word", but these people here have seen it all before. They tackle the problems aggressively, succinctly, and in no time turn things around and the train is back on track again.

PATIENCE!!! Patient Bob! -  It's just never been my biggest virtue.

So thanks for ALL of your continued encouragement, comments, and texts.
I would not want to think of doing this without you all. 
Thank You.

I'll let you know when I hear the "yea or nay" of the test results.

3 comments:

  1. Patience?bobbercup? Not a word I would have ever put in the sentence with bob. Unless perhaps it's waiting for a pie iron. Every day you are healing from the tremendous surgery you had...maybe this is gods way of keeping you in check...could that be?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with above....This is God's way!! Jan is a wealth of info!! Listen to her!! I hate to say it, you have heard it so many times, but hang in there! All 'the girl's, my 'six pack sisters' (and you know who they are) around here are always asking me about how you are doing....I am 'the informer'!! ;) I keep them up to date as they keep you in their prayers!! Rest easy, and as you have said, they know what they are doing and have put your train back on track many times! Maybe you will be home today to watch PSU! As always, Jo :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think you have earned your doctorate in patience! Congrats ;)
    Hoping for some good blood results!
    Stay sound...

    ReplyDelete