Friday, August 9, 2013

There IS a God!

After an extremely long day in the ICU and Cat Scan department. Tonite at 8:15 I was allowed to have 6 oz of chicken broth, 7oz ginger-ale, and an Italian Ice.

I lovingly savored every precious bit.

Still have bleeding. They believe it is from where the pancreas is connected into the rest of my digestive system. And we 're all hoping for it's cessation. 

At 9:30 tonight I am receiving yet another unit of blood and later I'm to get another unit of platelets. 

It's been a long day but I did not feel nearly as bad as I was yesterday. 
So that's a plus.

This has been a crazy road but, as always, I wanna thank all of you for your thoughts, prayers, and gracious comments. Although I haven 't been able to post much, it brings a smile to my face to hear from those thoughtful enough to leave a word or two here .

I am blessed with great friends.

Hope to see you all again soon.

6 comments:

  1. Giddy Up. The "Plum" awaits you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to hear the better news Bob. Will keep thinking about you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the positive update tonight! I'll bet that broth was like getting a steak (not!). You keep fighting on that end, and we'll all be pulling for you on this end. Love ya Cuz! Laura

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good news...makes me smile. Keep on keeping on...and hope tomorrow is a better day. Rest easy my friend. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. So glad to hear that you're moving forward...hang in there! Prayers still on board!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great entry to see as I step foot in your time zone!!

    ...and today will be better than yesterday...

    Bernie says "hello" and "you can do this"

    Lisa

    ReplyDelete