Wednesday, August 7, 2013

Like a ball that's spinning......

Dr. Narins just made his rounds and told me my new kidney is working better than his own this morning! That the new pancreas is working well with no signs of rejection. I was concerned about the bleeding but he seems to think it's all in check. I was also worried that my blood pressure which has been running 130-150 has been too high but he tells me he has been keeping my bp intentionally this high to "feed" the new organs and that all will be resolved as well.

They removed some rather bothersome encumbrances this morning and the Doc plans to remove another of the abdominal drains today. 

AND......when I asked for the 7,476 time, the Doc says that I MAY be released on FRIDAY (as opposed to the Tuesday or later that I was told yesterday).

WOO HOO!!!!!
So far...... It's been a pretty good day!

And I'm not ignorant to the cause - so again, thank you for all your thoughts and prayers.

4 comments:

  1. So glad to hear you're doing well, hez! My dad is keeping me updated, and I enjoy reading your blog. Each day will get easier... Keep your spirits :)

    Taylor

    ReplyDelete
  2. And I will WooooooooooooooHooooooooooooooo with you!!!!! Great news! Just remember, you still have to take things one day at a time! All will fall into place, just don't over do it! I am still smiling from ear to ear!! :) Jo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my gosh! Such wonderful news, I am so excited! I agree with Jo though, PLEASE don't overdo. You are experiencing your miracle right now-isn't it grand?? I remember it well!

    ReplyDelete
  4. all great news! As others are reminding you...you must take it easy for a while...even after you return home.

    How are you FEELING?! Can you feel your new kidney clearing out the toxins that had built up?!

    So happy for you!

    ReplyDelete