Friday, December 6, 2013

I will light a match this morning......



This morning, after all the required check-in work, they took me to a section of the Harrisburg Hospital that I haven't been in before called Transitional Care. After a few minutes a very nice phlebotomist named Margarita (I like that name) came in and said "Oh I remember you! I told you when you were upstairs that you have great veins! And you said that I probably say that to all the guys.
That's how I remember you."

Uhhhhhhh. I'm getting a reputation here.

So........I got the neupogen injection and now the bloodwork results are back and my WBC has fallen to .6 this morning. 
In effect - this means that right now I have very little immune system function.
Ugh.


But after the use of some of my strongest persuasion skills Steph, my tx coordinator, said I could go home IF  I get rest, IF I'm super diligent about staying out of crowds, IF I'm diligent about sanitizing my hands, and IF I'll give myself another shot of the neupogen tomorrow.

Sounded like a deal to me, so me and the Purell are staying pretty tight and thankfully I'm headed home for the weekend.

Thanks for caring enough to check here.

2 comments:

  1. Your blood looks rather thin...surprised they aren't giving you another unit. Please rest easy...take care of your self...eat some red meat (to help your Hg)...and stay away from germs. Hope the neopogen helps...but will take at least a few days/week I presume...so hang in there bobby! You know im thinking of you.
    Always be sound

    ReplyDelete
  2. couldn't help but notice the "Avocado" word on your lab results...the same album that Inside Job is on. Interesting...

    ReplyDelete