Wednesday, November 13, 2013

Dang!!!! Flippin' ARGH!!!!

                                                              REJECTED.
                                                       Bob is not a happy boy.

In a rather revolting development the oral surgeon Dr. Seitz took a  "Whoa Nellie!!!" mindset after learning that I'm only 3 months post transplant.

 He took a quick, very cautiously quick look and said: "I'll give you some meds to deal with that for now but we are going to try everything we can to wait for the customary six month time after transplant to do any removal."
After all my work to get myself in a zen-like state and after all the prerequisite, pre-event antibiotics. Dang.

The tx center hadn't been real happy that I needed tooth removal right now stating that everybody's mouth (and BTW-TMI) is just a virtual vat of infection waiting for an opportune moment. This, along with my rather... ahem...well documented history of extensive bleeding after surgery, was the deciding factor in the Doc canceling today's eXtraction.

He says it's a fine line that we're walking here because my transplant - being so recent, and me being so immunosuppressed, that infection could flare in this tooth at anytime but, by the same means, opening up things right now could be an invitation to a bad party and so we are going to try to hold out, wait and see. 

The Doc did give me a scrip for more antibiotics and a few other drugs (yep. more pills.) and told me if things become intolerable that they will get me in on a moment's notice and it will be done.
So I got that goin' for me....which is nice.

That's all the non-news for now.

Clinic and some more Yin with Dr. Yang tomorrow.

Thanks for checking.

2 comments:

  1. Sorry you're bummed...but hang in there until there is less risk with infection and bleeding post-extraction. Doctors orders!
    BTW...you look good bob! You finally got your color back...that healthy bob color ;)
    be sound

    ReplyDelete
  2. turn that frown upside down my friend :)

    ReplyDelete