Friday, November 15, 2013

And in the end....


Today was my last installment  of the Cytomegalovirus Immune Globulin IV.
With a little bit of pre-IV Tylenol and Benadryl, the chills were kept to a minimum this time. So although I still take a very pricey drug called Valcyte twice a day to protect against CMV, the IV portion of the program is over.

With the new drug that I started 10 days ago the tremors have gotten a wee bit better at times. And as I was out to dinner with some friends last Saturday night I noticed, quite unbelievingly, that for the first time since the surgery, I was as steady as a stone. Then, much to my chagrin, Sunday I had the tremors back full force.

At clinic yesterday Dr. Yang actually seemed excited to see me and find out how the new drug Neoral is doing controlling the tremors. I told him that I've noticed a small, slight improvement and this was all it took to make him happy. This and the fact that the results of my blood labs on Monday were excellent. He had been concerned that changing this primary anti-rejection drug might cause things to go south and was super happy to see that all my numbers were still good. Now he wants to continue to watch my blood numbers and, if they hold, in three weeks he wants to lower my dose of Neoral to see if it continues to diminish the tremors.

The "Fine Tuning" portion of our program.

That's how we're finishing the first half of this month of November.

Thanks for checking here.

3 comments:

  1. good news! enjoy the rest of your weekend bob...looking forward to the next...

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW!! Sounds like you have had an 'action packed' past couple of days! Easy there Batman!!! Hopefully all will hold off and get better so you don't have to have the 'wisdom' removal anytime soon! Glad that you have come to the end of your IV treatment!! Seems like some things are beginning to look up!!! Always, Jo

    ReplyDelete
  3. just stopped by to see how you are doing Bob. Continuing to pray. Blessings to you, Dona

    ReplyDelete