Thursday, August 1, 2013

I got real high hopes.....

My registration number. Good omen?

I'm admitted at Pinnacle.

Things are moving forward and they are keeping me here tonight.

I met with Becca my transplant coordinator, and Dr. Narins one of my surgeons, and was apprised again of the whole situation. They answered all the questions I had, I signed all the appropriate papers, and now we just wait and see.

I'm so glad that I had my "last supper meal" at lunchtime with Nick.
We had delicious BLT's with lettuce and tomatoes from my garden.
It may be my last "real" food for quite a while.

Since I've been here they've done 15 tubes of blood, ekg, chest X-rays and a gazillion blood sugar tests. I'm on an IV and I'm all wired up.


They've done the final compatibility tests and the donor and I are a perfect match. So if  / when the organs are procured in the morning and they look good - I am getting them. Because I have been built up to this point only to be let down before, Dr. Narins said that the final green light won't be given until he has examined both organs and determined that they are perfect. So cross your fingers!

They've pumped me full of stuff to sleep so this is all for now.

Thank you to all of you.


Bob


No comments:

Post a Comment