Wednesday, March 19, 2014

Someday an answer will find me....

It has been a long winter.

Lately I've been having a couple of blood problems. Too high of this. Too low of that. I still have blood labs done twice a week and generally although I check the results online, I don't hear much from the transplant center unless something is way wrong.

I heard from them last week and they ordered several extra blood tests for me to have done this past Monday. I heard from them again this morning with the news that I have an active blood virus that they are a bit concerned about.
Concerned to the point of quadrupling my medicine and restarting the IVs that I had received once a month for three months in the fall. Now they want those IVs to be done everyday for the foreseeable future. They briefly told me that they will put a long-term use IV line into my arm and then I will have the fun of giving myself the IV each day.

My next clinic appointment wasn't suppose to be until April, now they want me to come up in two weeks for a "major" blood work-up and consultation to see where things stand. 

That's all I know for now. I'm sure more will follow.

It has been a long winter.

4 comments:

  1. no matter how long the winter...theres a spring time ahead...

    Sorry to hear about your blood virus. Is this that CMV antibody treatment that you need to start again? Hope an intense intervention will kick it to the curb soon! Hang in there bobby!
    Thinking of you
    Be sound

    ReplyDelete
  2. Spring is here and you WILL catch up with it soon! You've just had a slightly prolonged winter. Shake that winter virus and get some good fresh air in those lungs. So THINK SPRING and BE BETTER!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for continuing to update...as always, MANY are with you. Take comfort in that and be strong

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Bob - I haven't checked in here for awhile, and your Dad asked in an offhand way if I was checking it. Sorry to hear about your blood virus. You can kick this too! Today (April 2nd) marks another 'anniversary' of your surgery. Thinking of you and sending all my very best. Keep on hanging in there! Will light a special candle for you at Stations this Friday. Cuz Laura

    ReplyDelete