Friday, September 14, 2012

About-face...

OK, so after everything I have written here for the past year and a half, this is going to seem a pretty extreme swing in the opposite direction...

After some considerable emotional urging from some people very close to me and a heartfelt plea from my daughter I've decided to give the process of dialysis another look.

Ugh.

 As much as the whole deal just wigs me out, I am going to try to adapt because, quite frankly, the fuse is burning and my options are really beginning to narrow pretty quickly now.

There's a good bit to getting up and actually beginning this treatment, and so I am scheduled for my first day of "Dialysis Education" (doesn't this sound like fun?) on Tuesday.

I'll keep you all posted.

4 comments:

  1. I know how hard of a decision that is for you, but I agree with your daughter. I think it is the best decision! Your daughter knows what's best for her daddy! Keeping you in thoughts and prayers! Keep us posted!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know this was a very hard decision for you to make...but i'm very happy that you listened to Kara. Keep in mind that this will buy you some time until you receive your transplant, and I bet you will start to feel better once you receive your first dialysis treatment. Keep on keeping on...and know I am here for you if you ever want to talk or vent. until the next...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like an AWESOME idea!!! What took you soooo long??!!! LOL! You know I am kidding! Keep on keeping the faith! You know I am!! :) :) Love, Jo

    ReplyDelete