Wednesday, November 30, 2011

In and out of in between....

I had my appt. with my nephrologist today and although some of my numbers were down from last time, the doc is not quite as worried as I thought he might be. He reassured me by saying that I have had bad numbers in the past and bounced back. He said he couldn't say just how many of these bounces I have left  but for now, unless we see several of these tests come back with real low numbers, we are "ok".

On the issue of the fistula, he said that I could have it put in now but since I am dead set against dialysis he thought it a moot point. (The doctor did however take me for a walk through the dialysis center to show me all the fun that takes place there. Ugh.) But he told me that my levels, as they are now, are not bad enough to get me kicked off the transplant train.

My next big appointment is at the transplant center on December 12.
Thanks for checking in here.

No comments:

Post a Comment