Friday, June 10, 2011

Numbers and other matters.......

It's a new day and I received a call from Pinnacle very early this morning to tell me that the donor pancreas, removed last night, was determined to be "fatty" and would not be transplanted into me or anyone else. The doctors at Pinnacle are very tough with their criteria of what they will accept and for these strict limitations I am grateful as it should greatly lessen the problems a recipient may encounter later.

I also received some info that will answer many of the questions that I've had and many of you have had recently, that is; "How could I possibly be getting transplant offers when I've only been on the list for six months?" I was told this morning that I went from tenth to second in line because of the aforementioned strict limitations that temporarily take a possible recipient out of the mix. Things as simple as a cold, an open wound, a low grade fever, dental problems, discrepencies in bloodwork, or a number of other things automatically put a recipient on hold until these issues are resolved. And so I am currently second in line at Pinnacle for a kp transplant but since others have accumulated more waiting time / points, if or when they become healthier, I will slide back toward ten. Like I've said before, there's a lot to this transplant business.

You can be sure that I'm taking this reprieve time to tend to the matters that had me in such a tizzy yesterday. Thank you all for your offers of help with everything...and I still may take you up on it!  ; )

Enjoy this day!

No comments:

Post a Comment